Saturday, March 25, 2006

Miss Beehive 1963

On nights like this
When the world's a bit amiss
And the lights go down
Across the trailer park
I get down, I feel had
Feel on the verge of going mad
And then it's time to punch the clock

I put on some make-up
Turn on the tape deck
And put the wig back on my head
Suddenly I'm Miss Midwest Midnight Checkout Queen
Until I head home
And I put myself to bed




I look back on where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem suddenly routine
I look up from my Vermouth on the rocks
The gift wrapped wig's still in the box
Of towering velveteen

I put on some make-up
Some LaVern Baker
And pull the wig down from the shelf
Suddenly I'm Miss Beehive 1963
Until I wake up
And I turn back to myself

--Hedwig and the Angry Inch

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're silly, but I still love ya'.

3/30/2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a super-uber-FOX!!!

Can you see my ducktail nodding in admiration?

4/06/2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger Me said...

You look so Trailer Park in that picture. Well done.

7/16/2006 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home