Saturday, May 15, 2004

How much of our lovely country have you seen?

Thanks to Bon for this. This is cool! I have seen 66% of our beautiful country!



Here's the link for your enjoyment.

Wow! I've seen a lot of country! I actually have lived in 6 of these states. Born in Michigan. Raised in California since I was three. Left to go live in North Carolina, Massachusetts, Maine, and Kentucky. But, my heart has always been in California.

There is just something about this twisted effed up state that I can't seem to shake. (no pun intended) And, speaking of shaking I have been here for all the major shakers since the '71 Sylmar quake. That one threw me out of bed. I remember our rain oil lamp (remember those?) swinging back and forth from its chain and almost clipping my father in the head. The Whittier quake in '87. Loma Prieta in 1989. Cape Mendocino and Landers/Big Bear... all three in 1992. And the Northridge Quake back in January of '94. That's a whole lotta shakin' goin' on when you look back at it. That is really only a partial list, too. There have been so many many more. One reason I mention this is that I think the people around here have been just a little 'on guard' as to when the next big one is coming. It seems with all the disaster movies and early heat, (it's the "Shake and Bake" factor) it's making people uneasy. At least those I've spoken to. Eh, whatcha gonna do? The weather is too darn gorgeous here to worry about any of it. At least we don't live in Tornado Alley anymore. That was uneasy living.

~Debra

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Wow! You are so well-traveled. I'm jealous! You're one road-trippin' momma! ;) XXOO

5/15/2004 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home