Wednesday, January 18, 2006

4 Things...

Tagged by dear brother Bill. Normally, I don't end up doing these things but seeing as just about all my friends who have a blog have done it,( Bon , Hal , Aleta , Suzer , Leemer , Katy , Amy ) I have surrendered to the tag.

Four jobs you've had in your life:
When I was 15 my first job was as a maid at a string of hotels in Laguna Beach. Great job for a 15 year old. Job done by 1pm, beach the rest of the day! Yay! Private Duty Nurse (taking care of old people), Manicurist (doing old peoples nails), Bartender (helping old people get older ;)).


Four movies you could watch over and over:
Steel Magnolias ("Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.", "I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special.", "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

Arthur ("I race cars, I play tennis, I fondle women, but! I have weekends off and I am my own boss!", "I take it this bum will be calling you?" "Dad, he's a millioniare." "You have my permission to marry him.", "In anticipating your condition, I've taken the liberty of bringing you coffee, orange juice and aspirin. Or, do you wish to throw up?")

Always ("He's too beautiful. He's too much twisted steel and sex appeal. I can't be with a guy that looks like I won him in a raffle.", "I know now, that the love we hold back is the only pain that follows us here.")

A Knight's Tale ("It's a small target Will, but aim for his heart.", [singing] "He's blond, he's pissed, he'll see you in the lists, Lichtenstein!", "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. Come back when you're worthy.", [singing] "He's quick, he's funny, he makes me lots of money, Lichtenstein! Lichtenstein!"

Four places you've lived:
Besides here in California?
Maine
Massachusetts
Kentucky
Texas

Four TV shows you love to watch:
Desperate Housewives (Felicity Huffman is a Godess! They're ALL Godessess!)
Extreme Makeover-Home Edition
Las Vegas
My name is Earl (Don't you judge me Earl!)

Four places you've been on vacation:
Las Vegas
Yosemite
San Francisco
Grand Canyon

Four websites you visit daily:
Dalt's Gang, IMDb, Somesuch-Whatnot, BonBlogs

Four of your favorite foods:
LOBSTER!!!
The Dabney Coleman Steak at Dan Tana's
King Crab
Bacon!

Four places you'd rather be:
Hmmmmm...
In my private cabana poolside at the Four Seasons pool in Las Vegas with my smooooothie and a tiny little umbrella garnish!

Disneyland for the entire day and night with no one but 200 of my closest friends and family!

Glacier Point on the most beautiful crystal clear night with a few friends, my family, a perfect bottle of Cabernet and about a billion stars in the sky.

On a HUGE party boat in the middle of a lake somewhere with all my friends and family. Blaring loud music and barbequeing something delicious!

Four albums you can't live without:
The Band-The Last Waltz, Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits, Ummmm, Bette Midler-The Divine Miss M!, AHHHH! I don't know! Anything classic rock!

Four magazines you read:
Only when they're sitting there. I don't subscribe. Oprah, People, Us, Better Homes and Gardens.

Four cars you've owned:
HA! 1978 Datsun 710 Station Wagon, Chrysler 5th Avenue, Lincoln Continental, Dodge Ram Conversion Van

Four people to do this meme:
Sheesh! They've ALL already done it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, once I read "Private Duty Nurse" my mind started wandering so I have no idea what you wrote after that...

1/19/2006 5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debra! You don't knwo me, but you know Leemer. And he knows me. Oh, and Bonnie might admit it if you get her drunk first.
Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you that I know another Debborah McCarthy who lives in California, in San Mateo. She's probably shorter than you, and definitely older. Plus she spelles her name 'Debborah'.
So I know Debra McCarthy, too, just like the rockstars Leemer and Bonnie- its' just not the same one;)
So there we are. Hello, My Name Is Ed R, good to meet you, ignore the bad things they say about me.

1/19/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Debra McCarthy said...

Hey Ed! No linkie-poo? No blog? How am I supposed to know who I'm talkin' to if you don't link me up? Teehee!

1/19/2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

considering yourself linked in my blog now

1/20/2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Hal said...

You know you're linked on my blog...

1/31/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Debra McCarthy said...

Awwww! Thanks! You know you're linked in mine too, right?

I may not always comment but, I read when I can! Sometimes I click on a link from yours or Bon's or Bill's, etc... and then before I know it I'm clicking and clicking and I'm so deep linked I don't remember where the eff I started!!! Teehee! Why can't we have like... 48 hours in one day? I need more time!!!

Love,
Deb

1/31/2006 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home